Kano is a new kind of computer company. "The creator of build it yourself tech," (FastCo), we "train a generation to perceive the world as infinitely programmable."(Wired) Kano creates computer and coding kits, software, and content for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to demystify technology — so anyone can make, not just use.
In just over four years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 350,000 kits to 150 countries. Our oldest maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- One of Europe's top five fastest growing companies (The Next Web).
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in consumer electronics, alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and more.
- Kano kits let you make real devices, tablets, wands, speakers, and more, with simple steps and storybooks.
- Kano coding software levels you up, to making apps, games, music, and more in real languages more than 600,000 community creations shared so far. Check them out: http://world.kano.me
- Kano is available in over 5,000 retail locations worldwide and the lead STEM brand at Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and more. We are the exclusive coding partner to Harry Potter and endorsed by US and UK educational authorities.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools and libraries worldwide.
- Kano has raised >$30m from the world’s best technology investors, including Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, the Stanford Engineering Venture Fund, Collaborative Fund, Marc Benioff, Jim O’Neill, Troy Carter, and more
- Our fans and customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), Theresa May, Barack Obama, and many more.
- We’re an equal opportunity employer, and this role will be hired from a shortlist of at least 50% female candidates.
Kano is becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand, synonymous with building your own technology and learning to code. Along the way, our audience is expanding, and our team is growing worldwide. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, creative culture and we must retain this as we scale. Our purpose remains the same — to help people create technology, not just consume.