Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer
You will be operating in a small multidisciplinary agile team working closely with all key stakeholders on a growing product codebase. You will take responsibility for driving efforts to improve our test automation architecture and test infrastructure on this codebase and increase the quality and frequency of releases. You will also develop strategies to automate manual tests.
You must be a motivated individual with a love for empowering our future generations.
- Develop and maintain accurate automated unit and integration tests for critical user journeys through our cross-platform application software stack using
- Promote good test practices and TDD/BDD culture.
- Participate in agile sprint planning and complete testing of sprint items.
- Write and improve test documentation
- Report back status of quality of software to stakeholders
- Work as part of the development team to evangelise and support test structures
- Execute manual testing where necessary but focus on proactively improve Kano’s cross-platform Electron/Polymer software stack QA test automation architecture and automating early wherever possible.
- At least two years automation testing experience
- Experience testing web-components / shadow DOM
- Solid understanding of Jenkins works and how E2E tests sit within the build pipeline
- Solid understanding of web fundamentals
- Experience working with open source automation frameworks i.e Selenium, Cucumber, Appium
- Experience of API testing preferably using Postman and solid understanding of Restful API semantics
- Comfortable working across both front-end and backend technologies in an agile development team context.
- Open minded, interested in and a willingness to adopt new tools, frameworks and languages. Passionate about Web Technologies, and can make bold suggestions after evaluating technical debts and risks.
- Product insight – you can speak and spec with simplicity and clarity
- Comfortable working with cross-platform technologies within a *nix environment
- Works independently and takes full responsibility for own product features, but know when to ask for help or support.
Nice to have
- Experience in project management.
- Experience working with JIRA and Trello
- Good knowledge with different data structures
- Experience with both imperative and functional programming paradigms
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience with microservices
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment