The Partnerships team at Kano works alongside various internal divisions of the organization and across external partner teams to maximise existing programs as well as seek out new opportunities and programs across the portfolio of entertainment, educational, government, and community organizations, that extend the Kano product reach, brand awareness and product offering across the globe.
This is a great time to join the partnerships team as we are in the midst developing new products with multiple premiere global organizations in 2019 and beyond, which this role will have a significant contribution in delivering.
The Partnerships Manager will work alongside the Vice President to maintain existing partnerships including:
- Day to day primary partner contact
- Internal liaison for programs managed
- Generate business updates
- Product roadmap approvals
- Product & Marketing concept approvals
- Quarterly forecasting and annual budget generation
- Program performance reporting (POS, marketing, etc.)
- Contract renewals/extensions
- Identify partnership expansion opportunities
The Partnerships Manager will also identify and secure new strategic partnerships across the portfolio with a primary focus on education, governments and community organizations including:
- Industry analysis
- Partnership strategy generation
- Presentation materials generation
- Partnership pitch presentation
- Trade Show/Convention representation
- Deal term negotiation
- Contract Execution
- Ongoing program management
The current partnerships portfolio consists of Microsoft, The Walt Disney Company, Warner Brothers, Hour of Code, and various governments, amongst others. Kano products are currently placed in over 5000 retail locations in the US and key global markets. The partnerships team engages with industry leading global organizations, is often the external facing representation of the company, plays a crucial role in the strategy and direction of Kano’s future partnerships.
- Experience managing programs from concept through delivery.
- Ability to work across multiple divisions (marketing, finance, creative, retail, legal, etc.)
- Excellent presentation generation and delivery skills
- Knowledge of educational and government business models and practices
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Early riser (overlapping with the UK work day)
Nice to haves
- Professional or hobbyist coding experience
- Interest in the STE(A)M, maker, or learn to code spaces
- Experience in classrooms, workshops, after school clubs, or volunteering with kids
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups
- Huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Medical benefits
- Competitive vacation
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment
- Large discount on all Kano products