Kano continues to grow, and now we’re looking for a Electronic Engineer to join the team. This person should be a hungry, ingenious engineer with a solid track record pushing boundaries and a keen imagination able to bring ideas to life.
You’ll be working on new designs for Kano’s range of microprocessor-based consumer electronics Hardware . You’ll take the design from first concept through prototyping and software development to production in China (You will probably find yourself in Shenzhen a couple of times a year). Along the way you’ll probably find yourself working with Product Designers, Embedded Developers and QA Engineers. We’re seriously into Test Automation and it would be part of your job to design and build our development test rigs
- Schematic capture and PCB layout. Working on designs up to 4-layer with RF antenna design required.
- Providing technician support for the electronics team. Including SMD soldering and PCB assembly, down to 0402 (1005 metric). Setting up and assisting QA with hardware testing, building automated test rigs, repairing equipment etc.
- Providing hardware technical expertise other teams within the company as required.
- Working with the industrial design and mechanical engineers to integrate the hardware with the rest of the product.
- Working with the product team to develop new product ideas. This involves keeping up to date with current hardware and technology trends.
- Working with the manufacturing team to prepare hardware for mass manufacture.
- Assist embedded software engineers with debugging and fault-finding.
- Create test reports for hardware production samples to review their suitability for new products and provide feedback or recommendations to suppliers if required.
- Review and support existing products to improve performance and reduce cost.
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- 10% time back to work on your own projects
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, tons of office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- £500 annual personal development fund
- Large discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment