The HR Manager at Kano is a partner to the business to ensure the people processes align to the company values and business goals. You will work with the VP of Culture to execute the people initiative and run the day to day operations across the UK and the US. You will provide advice, coaching, guidance across multiple areas such as performance management, ER, compliance and performance management. Reporting to the CEO/ VP Culture.
- Oversee the smooth running of all People processes and systems across the employee lifecycle globally
- Provide guidance to team members and managers of people on all ER activities to ensure we act legally and fairly
- Identify and deliver new initiatives that attract, retain, engage and motivate our talent.
- L&D: Supporting the VP Culture in developing middle managers, identifying learning needs. Developing and implementing learning interventions where necessary for the whole company. Ensure smooth running/ successful take up of all L & D activities
- Talent Management: Create and oversee a fit-for-purpose recruitment process and provide tools and support to ensure we hire the best talent.
- Provide simple, insightful People reporting that informs us about trends in attrition and engagement to ensure we are delivering the very best environment to retain and engage our team
- Partner with managers to provide guidance and support to help them lead high performing and happy teams.
- Team: you will manage Office & People Manager in the UK and dotted line manage US Internal Operations Manager to ensure the successful delivery of the People strategy.
- Be a confidential calm go to in HR and People matters
- A core Culture Champion, ensure company values are clear, appropriate, understood and lived.
- Work very closely and with the VP Culture to build competencies and behaviours that will deliver outstanding success for Kano during a key and extremely fast paced growth period
- Understanding of UK and US HR law, policies, and best practice, ideally CIPD qualified.
- Have spent at least 3- 5 + years as an HR generalist working in ideally in a tech scale up.
- Efficient working style; proven to work at pace, proactively and understand the dynamic, flexible and highly competitive nature of the tech sector
- Commercially minded, able to smoothly connect the people strategy to the company needs.
- Have established a high performance culture
- Great written and verbal presentation skills
- Understand and help shape a successful creative culture - environment and behaviour
- Nice to have - Experience in managing a team
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- 10% time back to work on your own projects
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- £500 annual personal development fund
- Cycle to work & salary saving nursery fees
- Discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment