Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new generation to create technology, not just consume it.
- In just over five years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 350,000 kits to 150 countries, our oldest computer maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 4,500 retail locations, and our partners include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and more.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education, including integration with the national Argentine education system.
- Kano has raised > $30m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neill, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Consumer Electronics companies alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and more.
- Our fans and customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Kano is evolving from a startup to becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand. Along the way, our audience is expanding, and we will interact with millions of customers this year. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, can do business and we must retain this culture as we scale. Our mission remains the same, to help people create technology, not just consume it.
Responsible for management and delivery of all creative team projects – marketing launches, product content design, events, books, packaging, and pitches.
• Manage all creative marketing projects so they are delivered on time and on budget
• Coordinate with Product Team to manage product content briefs, so assets are developed and delivered on time
• Coordinate with China on delivery of packaging and book graphics, print samples,
• Manage approval process with partners
• Developing and pushing brieﬁng process to create more clarity, efﬁciency, and accountability
• Manage the budget for each project
• Oversee the bigger picture, while managing the day-today deliverables
• Help build a culture of inspiration and motivation to deliver goals
• Research and present more engaging and technically more interesting media and strategies to utilise in marketing
Skills and Qualiﬁcations
Strong communication skills. Honest and transparent. Ability to work fast, be agile, and adapt to changing situations. Experience in advertising, digital agency, or marketing dept. Able to manage varied projects, digital, print, ﬁlm, social, and product content. Overseeing team to deliver on time and budget. Ability to work in Scrum, in sprints, and with traditional briefs, software such as Trello. Create timelines, organise reviews, make tough calls.
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, tons of office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- Personal Perkbox account
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- Large discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment