Senior Frontend Developer
Senior Frontend Developer
Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new generation to create technology, not just consume it.
- In just over five years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 350,000 kits to 150 countries, our oldest computer maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 4,500 retail locations, and our partners include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and more.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education, including integration with the national Argentine education system.
- Kano has raised > $30m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neill, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Consumer Electronics companies alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and more.
- Our fans and customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Kano is evolving from a startup to becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand. Along the way, our audience is expanding, and we will interact with millions of customers this year. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, can do business and we must retain this culture as we scale. Our mission remains the same, to help people create technology, not just consume it.
What is the role? - As a senior member of our software experiences team you will be key in delivering our core products. Essentially we are building tools that make learning to code fun for kids.
You will be working alongside our principal engineer to create apps that will be used across iOS, Android, Windows, Linux and Mac. You will create puzzle and tutorial systems, finding even better ways to engage kids. Working with our team you will be building new tools on the cutting edge of STEAM education, interacting with custom made bluetooth devices and working with exciting partnerships.
Our tech stack is currently:
- Electron and Cordova
- HTML, CSS
- Various AWS tools
Key team wins - This team was formed to create an app for our Harry Potter Coding Wand. We delivered a cross-platform app (using our new library) going out to over 100,000 users around the world. We see our work appear in Apple and Windows stores and be featured on huge TV shows and publications. Next, we’re taking the magic we’ve made and adapting it to mess and mix with music and sound, teach coding through science fiction and pass on our love for creative coding to an even bigger audience. Want to come join us and help make something to be proud of?
- 4+ years of experience.
- Experience working with modern frameworks.
- Good version control workflow, preferably using git.
- A creative problem solver.
- A passion for finding great UI/UX solutions.
- Ability to learn new skills and languages quickly.
- Great communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Some experience with web components or Polymer.
- You're comfortable with build systems like Jenkins.
- You have experience with a test framework.
- Experience with a mobile framework like Cordova, Ionic, or React Native; or with a desktop wrapper like Electron.
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, tons of office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- Personal Perkbox account
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- Large discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!