Kano creates computer and coding kits for all ages, all over the world. Our mission is to empower a new generation to create technology, not just consume it.
- In just over five years, we’ve sold, built and shipped over 350,000 kits to 150 countries, our oldest computer maker was 81 years old, our youngest was 4.
- Kano is available in over 4,500 retail locations, and our partners include Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and more.
- Our products are used in thousands of code camps, schools and libraries worldwide, helping to change the face of education, including integration with the national Argentine education system.
- Kano has raised > $30m from the world’s best technology investors, including co-founder Saul Klein, Breyer Capital, Index Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Jim O’Neill, James Higa & Troy Carter.
- One of Fast Company's Top Ten Most Innovative Consumer Electronics companies alongside Apple, Amazon, Google, Microsoft and more.
- Our fans and customers include Steve Wozniak (co-founder Apple Computer), Jimmy Wales (founder Wikipedia), Marcus Persson (creator of Minecraft), and many more.
Kano is evolving from a startup to becoming a mainstream consumer creativity brand. Along the way, our audience is expanding, and we will interact with millions of customers this year. We are an entrepreneurial, nimble, can do business and we must retain this culture as we scale. Our mission remains the same, to help people create technology, not just consume it.
As Kano continues to grow, we’re looking for a Embedded Engineer to join the team. This person should be a hungry, ingenious engineer with a solid track record of writing high-performance and robust embedded software.
This role is a unique opportunity to prototype and build embedded systems which integrate with our core APIs. These APIs power our applications and creative games on our fast-growing online platform, where thousands of kids around the world are creating and sharing millions of lines of code – in the form of classic games, art projects, Minecraft megaliths and much much more.
- Designing and building embedded systems from hardware up to platform API level
- Architect solutions and assist in problem solving
- Test Automation
- Maintain technical documentation
- Suggest and make changes to improve system performance
- Mentor and support junior developers
Experience should include at least some or all of:
- C/C++ in resource-constrained environments. We use ESP32 and nrf52 but any 32-bit experience (especially ARM) is OK. (3 Years +)
- Familiar with Agile approaches and TDD/BDD
- Familiar with Github-based workflows (or similar)
- Must be legally authorised to work in the UK
- Join one of the world’s fastest growing full stack tech startups - huge opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Flexible working schedule.
- You will partake in the company’s Stock Option plan
- Team nights out, tons of office snacks and a competitive holiday structure
- Personal Perkbox account
- £1600 flexible benefits pot
- Large discount on all Kano products
- Work with an exceptional and diverse group of people
- Informal, friendly and collaborative office environment
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!